Other High Impact and High Traffic Surfaces
The luggage area of a vehicle experiences a lot of wear. Most car owners focus protection on the front of their vehicles because front bumpers, hoods, and other components suffer a lot of friction. While luggage areas don’t have to face as much friction or flying debris, they do sustain damage from other elements like:
· Heavy luggage – Heavy luggage like suitcases, bags, and boxes can scratch, scuff, or even dent metal. If you travel frequently or store items in your car boot often, additional protection can ensure it never looks damaged.
· Sharp tools and equipment – Professionals like engineers, photographers, cyclists, etc., carry around many sharp tools in their vehicle. These can easily scratch the luggage area. While you might be careful during first few weeks of using your new car, it’s easy to forget after a while and become careless.
· External environment – External elements like rain, strong winds, bird droppings or pests, etc., can cause damage to your luggage area as well. Some of this is unavoidable, which is why additional protection is a good idea.
These areas can experience a lot of problems, which is why protecting it with PPF is a good to have. This will help reduce repair expenses, ensuring your vehicle is in great condition for a long time.
Kick plates are located at the bottom of car doors, designed to protect the underlying frame from wear and tear. These fixtures are often ignored, enduring a lot of abuse before car owners notice the damage. Here are some of the most common problems faced by this component:
· Dirt and moisture – The plates are constantly exposed to dirt and moisture. These elements linger on the metal because it has a textured surface, causing damage over time. Without proper protection, it’s difficult to keep the fixtures in good condition.
· Rust and corrosion – Constant wear and exposure to the elements can make these installations structurally weaker. They can develop rust or corrosion, at which point you have no choice but to replace them.
· Scratches from stepping on it – As the plates are at the foot of car doors, drivers and passengers frequently step on it. This causes dents, scratches, scuff marks, etc., on the plate surfaces.
Protective measures like PPF can help keep these plates in good condition for a long time. Without it, plates will become damaged and eventually cause problems to the underlying metal frame.
Tailgates are a part of your car’s luggage space. This gate opens from the top, with a hinge at the bottom. It is usually found in SUVs, pick-up trucks, station wagons, etc., providing easy access to the trunk space. As this feature is located at the back of a vehicle, it is often neglected and doesn’t have proper protection. Here’s a list of some problems it experiences:
· Regular use – Opening and closing tailgates or loading items into the trunk regularly can cause some damage. The gate can develop scratches, scuff marks, or dents over time.
· Outdoor conditions – Weather, dust, debris, and even vandalism can damage your tailgate. As this component is often found on SUVs or pickups, it has to endure more off-road conditions. That causes more damage, which leads to expensive repairs.
Tailgates are a highly visible aspect of any car so keeping it in a good condition is important. That’s why you should consider installing PPF on your tailgate.
What are the benefits of PPF?
PPF is a thin urethane plastic material that can effectively protect automobile paint finish from all kinds of external elements. It can stay in place for years, protecting your car paint finish and making sure it retains value. Here are few of the biggest benefits of this material:
· Protection from external conditions – PPF is designed to protect surfaces from small scratches, debris, strong winds, off-road conditions, and even vandalism attempts. It is a resilient material with self-healing properties. All scratches will disappear overnight and the surface will look as good as new.
· Resistant to moisture and dirt – Most modern PPFs are hydrophobic and resistant to dirt. This means moisture or dirt won’t linger on its surface, which makes your vehicle easier to clean. All components will last longer, requiring fewer repairs.
· Clear and colorless – This film is clear and colorless which will allow your car’s original appearance to shine through. PPF is available in high-gloss or matte finishes and you can choose something that suits your vehicle’s appearance. If installed properly, it is completely undetectable.
This protection film is available in different combinations and levels of thickness. Companies like Suntek and XPEL provide a wide range of products for different vehicles. We always recommend professional installation because experts have the training to make sure your film stays in place. Our team has a combined experience of over 30 years and they have done several PPF installations. If you want good quality services, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Why hire professionals?
Applying this film might seem like an easy task at first glance, but it does require a professional hand. Poor application techniques are often the cause of related problems like bubbling, fogging, and peeling. Professionally installed wraps provide the best protection, lasting for a longer period of time. Our installers have ample installation experience and will make sure there are no gaps. They will also recommend products that work well on headlights instead of standard painted surfaces. Most wraps are made from thermoplastic so you need a film that withstands temperature changes without becoming weak. Our team can help with that.
Visit our Automotive Shield facility as we provide your service in real-time. We provide the BEST automotive shield experience in South Florida.